RomeMy love! My wife!
Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath,
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty.
Thou are not conquered.
Beauty's ensign yet
Is crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks,
And death's pale flag is not advanced there.
Dear Juliet,
Why art thou yet so fair? Shall I believe
That unsubstantial Death is amorous,
Keeps thee here is dark to be his paramour?
Here. O, here will i set up my everlasting rest
And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
From this world-wearied flesh.
Eyes, look your last!
Arms, thke your last embrace!
And,lips, O you
罗密欧:我的爱人!我的妻子:
死神虽然吸干了你甜蜜的气息,
却没有力量摧毁你的美丽。
你没有被征服,美丽的红旗仍然
轻拂着你的嘴唇和面颊,
死神的白旗还未插到那里。
亲爱的朱丽叶,
你为什么依然如此美丽?难道要我相信
无形的死神很多情,
把你藏在这暗洞里做他的情妇?
这儿,啊,我要在这儿永远安息
从我这厌恶人生的躯体上
挣脱厄运的奴役。
眼睛,最后再看一次:
手臂,最后拥抱一次吧!
嘴唇,啊!
以上出自 罗密欧与朱丽叶后现代激情版
(Capulet's orchard )
凯普莱特家的花园
Romeo: He never felt a wound, yet laughs at my scars. But soft! What light through yonder (over there) window breaks? It is the East and Juliet is the Sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief. That you, her maid are more fair than she. Do not be her maid, since she is envious. Her virginity is but sick and green, and only fools wear it. Cast it off. It is my lady! Oh, it is my love! Oh, if only she knew she were! She speaks, yet she says nothing. What of that? Her eye speaks for her; I will answer it. I am too bold; ‘tis not to me she speaks. Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, entreat her eyes to twinkle in their orbits till they return. What if her eyes were there, being in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight dose a lamp; her eyes in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright that birds would sing and think it were not night. See how she leans her cheek upon her hand! Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!
罗密欧 没有受过伤的才会讥笑别人身上的创痕。(朱丽叶自上方窗户中出现)轻声!那边窗子里亮起来的是什么光?那就是东方,朱丽叶就是太阳!起来吧,美丽的太阳!赶走那妒忌的月亮,她因为她的女弟子比她美得多,已经气得面色惨白了。既然她这样妒忌着你,你不要忠于她吧;脱下她给你的这一身惨绿色的贞女的道服,它是只配给愚人穿的。那是我的意中人;啊!那是我的爱;唉,但愿她知道我在爱着她!她欲言又止,可是她的眼睛已经道出了她的心事。待我去回答她吧;不,我不要太卤莽,她不是对我说话。天上两颗最灿烂的星,因为有事他去,请求她的眼睛替代它们在空中闪耀。要是她的眼睛变成了天上的星,天上的星变成了她的眼睛,那便怎样呢?她脸上的光辉会掩盖了星星的明亮,正像灯光在朝阳下黯然失色一样;在天上的她的眼睛,会在太空中大放光明,使鸟儿误认为黑夜已经过去而唱出它们的歌声。瞧!她用纤手托住了脸,那姿态是多么美妙!啊,但愿我是那一只手上的手套,好让我亲一亲她脸上的香泽!
Juliet: Ah me!
朱丽叶 唉!
Romeo: She speaks. Oh, speak again bright angel, for you are as glorious to this night, being over my head, as a winged messenger from heaven is to the white, upturned eyes of mortals who gaze at him.
罗密欧 她说话了。啊!再说下去吧,光明的天使!因为我在这夜色之中仰视着你,就像一个尘世的凡人,张大了出神的眼睛,瞻望着一个生着翅膀的天使,驾着白云缓缓地驰过了天空一样。
Juliet: Oh Romeo, Romeo! Why are you called Romeo? Deny your father and refuse your name, or if you will not, swear to be my love and I’ll no longer be a Capulet.
朱丽叶 罗密欧啊,罗密欧!为什么你偏偏是罗密欧呢?否认你的父亲,抛弃你的姓名吧;也许你不愿意这样做,那么只要你宣誓做我的爱人,我也不愿再姓凯普莱特了。
Romeo: Shall I wait to hear more, or shall I speak?
罗密欧 (旁白)我还是继续听下去呢,还是现在就对她说话?
Juliet: It is only your name that is my enemy. You are yourself, even if you were not a Montague. What’s a Montague? It is not a hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, oh, have some other name. What’s in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet. So Romeo, if he were not called Romeo, would keep that dear perfection which he owns. Romeo, take off your name, and take all of me.
朱丽叶 只有你的名字才是我的仇敌;你即使不姓蒙太古,仍然是这样的一个你。姓不姓蒙太古又有什么关系呢?它又不是手,又不是脚,又不是手臂,又不是脸,又不是身体上任何其他的部分。啊!换一个姓名吧!姓名本来是没有意义的;我们叫做玫瑰的这一种花,要是换了个名字,它的香味还是同样的芬芳;罗密欧要是换了别的名字,他的可爱的完美也决不会有丝毫改变。罗密欧,抛弃了你的名字吧;我愿意把我整个的心灵,赔偿你这一个身外的空名。
Romeo: I take you at your word. Only call me love and I’ll be baptized again. From now on, I’ll never be Romeo.
罗密欧 那么我就听你的话,你只要叫我爱,我就重新受洗,重新命名;从今以后,永远不再叫罗密欧了。
Juliet: Who are you that come hidden in that dark and hear my secrets?
朱丽叶 你是什么人,在黑夜里躲躲闪闪地偷听人家的话?
Romeo: I hardly know how to tell you my name. My name, dear saint, is hateful to me, because it is your enemy. If I had it written down I would tear the word.
罗密欧 我没法告诉你我叫什么名字。敬爱的神明,我痛恨我自己的名字,因为它是你的仇敌;要是把它写在纸上,我一定把这几个字撕成粉碎。
Juliet: my ears have not yet heard a hundred words spoken by
you, and yet I know the sound. Are you not Romeo, and a Montague?
朱丽叶 我的耳朵里还没有灌进从你嘴里吐出来的一百个字,可是我认识你的声音;你不是罗密欧,蒙太古家里的人吗?
Romeo: I am neither, dear maid, if either displeases you.
罗密欧 不是,美人,要是你不喜欢这两个名字。
Juliet: How did you come here, and why? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb, and, considering who you are, this place is death to you if any of my kinsmen find you.
朱丽叶 告诉我,你怎么会到这儿来,为什么到这儿来?花园的墙这么高,是不容易爬上来的;要是我家里的人瞧见你在这儿,他们一定不让你活命。
Romeo: I flew over theses walls with love's light wings, for stony barriers cannot keep love out, and love dares to try anything. Therefore your kinsmen cannot stop me.
罗密欧 我借着爱的轻翼飞过园墙,因为砖石的墙垣是不能把爱情阻隔的;爱情的力量所能够做到的事,它都会冒险尝试,所以我不怕你家里人的干涉。
Juliet: if they see you they will murder you.
朱丽叶 要是他们瞧见了你,一定会把你杀死的。
Romeo: Alas, there is more danger in your eyes than in twenty of their swords! Look at me sweetly, and I will be protected against their enmity.
罗密欧 唉!你的眼睛比他们二十柄刀剑还厉害;只要你用温柔的眼光看着我,他们就不能伤害我的身体。
Juliet: I wouldn't have them see you for the world.
朱丽叶 我怎么也不愿让他们瞧见你在这儿。
Romeo: I have night's cloak to hide me from their eyes, and if only you will love me, let them find me here. I would rather have my life ended by their hate, than put death off by forgoting your love.
罗密欧 朦胧的夜色可以替我遮过他们的眼睛。只要你爱我,就让他们瞧见我吧;与其因为得不到你的爱情而在这世上捱命,还不如在仇人的刀剑下丧生。
Juliet: Who told you how to find this place?
朱丽叶 谁叫你找到这儿来的 ?
Romeo: Love did. He told me where to go, and I lent him my eyes.
I am no pilot, yet if you were as far as that vast shore washed by the furthest sea, I would risk the journey for such a prize.
罗密欧 爱情怂恿我探听出这一个地方;他替我出主意,我借给他眼睛。我不会操舟驾舵,可是倘使你在辽远辽远的海滨,我也会冒着风波寻访你这颗珍宝。
Juliet: You know the mask of night is on my face; or you would see my blush for that which you have heard me say. I would deny everything, but cannot. Do you love me? I know you will say “"Ay", and I will believe you. But you may prove false. They say Jove laughs at lovers' lies. Oh, gentle Romeo, if you love me, tell me faithfully. Or if you think I am too easily won, I'’ll frown and be perverse and say “"no"” to you. The truth is, fair Montague, that I am too affectionate, and you may think my behaviour light. But trust me, gentleman, I'll prove more true than those who are more cunning and remain aloof. I would have been more aloof with you, but you heard my passionate speech before I was aware of you. Therefore pardon me, and don't attribute my yielding to a light love, revealed by the dark night.
朱丽叶 幸亏黑夜替我罩上了一重面幕,否则为了我刚才被你听去的话,你一定可以看见我脸上羞愧的红晕。我真想遵守礼法,否认已经说过的言语,可是这些虚文俗礼,现在只好一切置之不顾了!你爱我吗?我知道你一定会说“是的”;我也一定会相信你的话;可是也许你起的誓只是一个谎,人家说,对于恋人们的寒盟背信,天神是一笑置之的。温柔的罗密欧啊!你要是真的爱我,就请你诚意告诉我;你要是嫌我太容易降心相从,我也会堆起怒容,装出倔强的神气,拒绝你的好意,好让你向我婉转求情,否则我是无论如何不会拒绝你的。俊秀的蒙太古啊,我真的太痴心了,所以也许你会觉得我的举动有点轻浮;可是相信我,朋友,总有一天你会知道我的忠心远胜过那些善于矜持作态的人。我必须承认,倘不是你乘我不备的时候偷听去了我的真情的表白,我一定会更加矜持一点的;所以原谅我吧,是黑夜泄漏了我心底的秘密,不要把我的允诺看作无耻的轻狂。
Romeo: Lady, I swear by the blessed moon, that tips all theses fruit-tree tops with silver-
罗密欧 姑娘,凭着这一轮皎洁的月亮,它的银光涂染着这些果树的梢端,我发誓——
Juliet: Oh, don't swear by the moon, that inconstant moon, that changes every month in her orbit, in case you love should prove equally unreliable.
朱丽叶 啊!不要指着月亮起誓,它是变化无常的,每个月都有盈亏圆缺;你要是指着它起誓,也许你的爱情也会像它一样无常。
Romeo: What shall swear by?
罗密欧 那么我指着什么起誓呢?
Juliet: do not swear at all, or if you will, swear by your gracious self, which is my god, and I'll believe you.
朱丽叶 不用起誓吧;或者要是你愿意的话,就凭着你优美的自身起誓,那是我所崇拜的偶像,我一定会相信你的。
Romeo: If my heart’'s dear love-
罗密欧 要是我的出自深心的爱情——
Juliet: well, do not swear. Although you bring me joy, I have no joy in this contract tonight. It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden; too like the lightning, which ceases to be before we can say it lightens. Sweet, good night! This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beautiful flower when we next meet. Good night, good night! As sweet repose and rest come to your heart, as that within my *.
朱丽叶 好,别起誓啦。我虽然喜欢你,却不喜欢今天晚上的密约;它太仓卒、太轻率、太出人意外了,正像一闪电光,等不及人家开一声口,已经消隐了下去。好人,再会吧!这一朵爱的蓓蕾,靠着夏天的暖风的吹拂,也许会在我们下次相见的时候,开出鲜艳的花来。晚安,晚安!但愿恬静的安息同样降临到你我两人的心头!
Romeo; Oh, will you leave so unsatisfied?
罗密欧 啊!你就这样离我而去,不给我一点满足吗?
Juliet: What satisfaction can you have tonight?
朱丽叶 你今夜还要什么满足呢?
Romeo: The exchange of your love's faithful vow (voto fedele) for mine.
罗密欧 你还没有把你的爱情的忠实的盟誓跟我交换。
Juliet: I gave you mine before you asked for it. And I wish it were mine again.
朱丽叶 在你没有要求以前,我已经把我的爱给了你了;可是我倒愿意重新给你。
Romeo: Would you take it away? For what purpose, love?
罗密欧 你要把它收回去吗?为什么呢,爱人?
Juliet: To give it to you again. I would give you anything. My love is as deep as the sea. The more I give to you, the more I have. I hear some noise within. Dear love, goodbye!
I’m coming good nurse! Sweet Montague, be true. Wait a little and I'll come straight back.
朱丽叶 为了表示我的慷慨,我要把它重新给你。可是我只愿意要我已有的东西:我的慷慨像海一样浩渺,我的爱情也像海一样深沉;我给你的越多,我自己也越是富有,因为这两者都是没有穷尽的。(乳媪在内呼唤)我听见里面有人在叫;亲爱的,再会吧!——就来了,好奶妈!——亲爱的蒙太古,愿你不要负心。再等一会儿,我就会来的。(自上方下。)
Romeo: Oh, blessed, blessed night. I am afraid, it being night, that this is but a dream, too sweet to be true.
罗密欧 幸福的,幸福的夜啊!我怕我只是在晚上做了一个梦,这样美满的事不会是真实的。
朱丽叶自上方重上。
Juliet: Three words, good Romeo, and goodnight indeed. If your love Is honourable, and you aim at marriage, send me word tomorrow by a messenger that I will sent to you, and tell me where and when you will perform the rite (ceremony). And I will lay all my fortunes at your feet and follow you, my lord, throughout the world.
朱丽叶 亲爱的罗密欧,再说三句话,我们真的要再会了。要是你的爱情的确是光明正大,你的目的是在于婚姻,那么明天我会叫一个人到你的地方来,请你叫他带一个信给我,告诉我你愿意在什么地方、什么时候举行婚礼;我就会把我的整个命运交托给你,把你当作我的主人,跟随你到天涯海角。
Nurse: Madam!
乳媪 (在内)小姐!
Juliet: I’m coming! – but if you are not true, I beseech you-
朱丽叶 就来。——可是你要是没有诚意,那么我请求你——
Nurse: Madam!
乳媪 (在内)小姐
Juliet: at once –to cease your efforts and leave to my grief. I will send to you tomorrow. A thousand times goodnight.
朱丽叶 停止你的求爱,让我一个人独自伤心吧。明天我就叫人来看你。 一千次的晚安!(自上方下。)
Romeo: A thousand times the worse, for lack of your light.
罗密欧 晚上没有你的光,我只有一千次的心伤!恋爱的人去赴他情人的约会,
Juliet: Hist! Romeo, hist! Oh for a falconer's voice to lure this hawk back again. I dare not cry aloud.
朱丽叶 嘘!罗密欧!嘘!唉!我希望我会发出呼鹰的声音,招这只鹰儿回来。我不能高声说话,否则我要让我的喊声传进厄科①的洞穴,让她的无形的喉咙因为反复叫喊着我的罗密欧的名字而变成嘶哑。
Romeo: It is my soul that calls my name. How silver-sweet sound lovers’ tongues by night, like softest music to attentive ears.
罗密欧 那是我的灵魂在叫喊着我的名字。恋人的声音在晚间多么清婉,听上去就像最柔和的音乐!
Juliet: Romeo!
朱丽叶 罗密欧!
Romeo: my sweet?
罗密欧 我的爱!
Juliet: What time shall I send the messenger tomorrow?
朱丽叶 明天我应该在什么时候叫人来看你?
Romeo: by nine o’clock.
罗密欧 就在九点钟吧。
Juliet: I will not fail. It seems like twenty years till then. I have forgotten why I called you back.
朱丽叶 我一定不失信;挨到那个时候,该有二十年那么长久!我记不起为什么要叫你回来了。
Romeo: let me stand here until you remember.
罗密欧 让我站在这儿,等你记起了告诉我。
Juliet: I shall forget on purpose to make you stand there,
remembering how I love your company.
朱丽叶 你这样站在我的面前,我一心想着多么爱跟你在一块儿,一定永远记不起来了。
Romeo: And I shall stay to make you forget, forgetting any other home but this.
罗密欧 那么我就永远等在这儿,让你永远记不起来,忘记除了这里以外还有什么家。
Juliet: it is almost morning. I would have you go, and yet no further that a capricious child will let a bird hop a little from his hand and then pulls it back with a silken thread, so loving-jealous of its liberty.
朱丽叶 天快要亮了;我希望你快去;可是我就好比一个淘气的女孩子,像放松一个囚犯似的让她心爱的鸟儿暂时跳出她的掌心,又用一根丝线把它拉了回来,爱的私心使她不愿意给它自由。
Romeo: I wish I were your bird.
罗密欧 我但愿我是你的鸟儿。
Juliet: Sweet, so do I. Yet I would kill you with too much loving. Good night, goodnight! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I could say goodnight until the morrow.
朱丽叶 好人,我也但愿这样;可是我怕你会死在我的过分的爱抚里。晚安!晚安!离别是这样甜蜜的凄清,我真要向你道晚安直到天明!(下。)
温馨提示:内容为网友见解,仅供参考