求英语短文有翻译中文的(要8篇啊)!~~!

要8篇英语短文短文要有中文翻译的
有好的话给加50分~!!!!!!
谢谢啊~~~~!!!

第一篇
Love Your Life
热爱生活

Henry David Thoreau/享利.大卫.梭罗

However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The faultfinder will find faults in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace. The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any. May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving. Most think that they are above being supported by the town; but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means. Which should be more disreputable. Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends, Turn the old, return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

不论你的生活如何卑贱,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它。它不像你那样坏。你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷。爱找缺点的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺点。你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷。甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候。夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;在那门前,积雪同在早春融化。我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想。城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活。也许因为他们很大,所以受之无愧。大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的。视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!不要找新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己。找旧的,回到那里去。万物不变,是我们在变。你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想。

第二篇
The life I desired
我所追求的生活
威廉.萨姆塞特.毛姆/William Somerset Maugham

That must be the story of innumerable couples, and the pattern of life of life it offers has a homely grace. It reminds you of a placid rivulet, meandering smoothly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees, till at last it falls into the vastly sea; but the sea is so calm, so silent, so indifferent, that you are troubled suddenly by a vague uneasiness. Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature, strong in me even in those days, that I felt in such an existence, the share of the great majority, something amiss. I recognized its social value. I saw its ordered happiness, but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course. There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights. In my heart was desire to live more dangerously. I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous, shoals it I could only have change-change and the excitement of unforeseen.

这一定是世间无数对夫妻的生活写照,这种生活模式给人一种天伦之美。它使人想起一条平静的溪流,蜿蜒畅游过绿茵的草场,浓荫遮蔽,最后注入烟波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太过平静,太过沉默,太过不动声色,你会突然感到莫名的不安。也许这只是我自己的一种怪诞想法,在那样的时代,这想法对我影响很深:我觉得这像大多数人一样的生活,似乎欠缺了一点儿什么。我承认这种生活有社会价值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的冲动却渴望一种更桀骜不驯的旅程.这样的安逸中好像有一种叫我惊惧不安的东西.我的心渴望一种更加惊险的生活。只要生活中还能有变迁———以及不可知的刺激,我愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁满布的海滩。

第三篇:
The country Maid and Her Milk Can
村姑和牛奶罐

A country maid was walking along with a can of milk upon her head, when she fell into the following train of reflections.” The money for which I shall sell this milk will enable me to increase my stock of eggs to three hundred, These eggs, allowing for what may prove addle, and what may be destroyed by vermin, will produce at least two hundred and fifty chickens. The chickens will be fit to carry to market just at the time when poultry is always dear; so that by the New Year I cannot fail of having money enough to purchase a new gown. Green-let me consider-yes, green becomes my complexion best. And green it shall be, in this dress I will go to the fair, where all young fellows will strive to have me for a partner; but no-I shall refuse every one of them, and with a disdainful toss turn from them."

Transported with this idea, she could not forbear acting with her head the thought that passed in her mind, when down came the can of milk! And all her imaginary happiness vanished in a moment.

一个村姑头上顶着一罐牛奶在路上行走。走着走着,她的脑子里浮现出一连串的幻想:“我卖了这罐牛奶后,用这笔钱买鸡蛋,这样我有的鸡蛋可以增加到300 个。用这300 个鸡蛋孵小鸡,这就算有坏的、生虫的,至少也能孵出250 只小鸡。等小鸡长大后,正好能赶上卖个好市价;那么到了新年,我就能有钱买一件新晚装。买一件绿色的——让我好好想想——对,绿色与我的肤色最相衬。我穿上这件衣服去赶集,所有的年轻小伙子都会抢着邀请我做舞伴;但是不行——我要轻蔑地把头一扬,转身过去不理他们,让他们人人都碰个钉子。

她想得得意忘形,情不自禁地把头一扬,刹那间,牛奶罐跌了下来!她幻想的一切幸福瞬间破灭了。

第四篇:
Love 爱情

I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
我爱你,不是因为你是一个怎样的人,而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is ,won't make you cry.
没有人值得你流泪,值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。
Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
纵然伤心,也不要悉眉不展,因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某人,你是他的整个世界。
Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don't love you with all they have.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Don't try to hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别人;在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。
Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。

第五篇:
The More Loving One
让我们成为更有爱心的人
W.H.Auden/W.H.奥登

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well 仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell, 尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,
But on earth indifference is the least 可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧
We have to dread from man or beast. 人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。
How should we like it were stars to burn 倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,
With a passion for us we could not return? 我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be, 倘若无法产生同样的感情,
Let the more loving one be me. 让我成为更有爱心的人。
Admirer as I think I am 尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,
Of stars that do not give a damn, 它们满不在乎,
I cannot, now I see them ,say 现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,
I missed one terribly all day. 说我成天思念一颗星星。
Were all stars to disappear or die 倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,
I should learn to look at an empty sky 我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,
And feel its total dark sublime, 同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,
Though this might take me a little time. 虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。

第六篇:
Friends
朋友

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
真正的朋友是一个可以援手帮助并感动你心扉的人。
There's always going to be people that hurt you, so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.
别人常常伤害你,所以你该继续付出信任,并小心挑选你下次信任的人。
Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect
them to know you.
在你想了解别人也想让别人了解你之前,先完善并了解自己。
Remember: Whatever happens, happens for a reason.
要记住:任何事情的发生都有因有起。
How many people actually have 8 true friends? Hardly anyone I know. But some of us have all right friends and good friends.
有多少人可以拥有八个真正的朋友?就我所知少之又少。但我们会有泛泛之交和好友。

第七篇:
A Greek to Remember
一位值得纪念的希腊人

Diogenes was a famous Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C., who established the philosophy of cynicism. He often walked about in the daytime holding a lighted lantern, peering around as if he were looking for something. When questioned about his odd behavior, he would reply,” I am searching for an honest man."
Diogenes held that the good man was self-sufficient and did not require material comforts or wealth. He believed that wealth and possessions constrained humanity's natural state of freedom. In keeping with his philosophy, he was perfectly satisfied with making his home in a large tub discarded from the temple of Cybele, the goddess of nature.
This earthen tub, called a pithos, and formerly been used for holding wine or oil for the sacrifices at the temple.
One day, Alexander the Great, conqueror of half the civilized world, saw Diogenes sitting in this tub in the sunshine. So the king, surrounded by his countries, approached Diogenes and said,” I am Alexander the Great.” The philosopher replied rather contemptuously,” I am Diogenes, the Cynic.” Alexander then asked him if he could help him in any way." Yes,” shot back Diogenes," don't stand between me and the sun.” A surprised Alexander then replied quickly,” If I were not Alexander, I would be Diogenes."

提奥奇尼斯是公元前四世纪一位著名的希腊哲学家,就是他创立了犬儒派哲学。他经常在白天点着灯笼四处走动、张望,像是在找什么东西似的。哪人们问起他这古怪行为时,他会回答说:“我正在寻找正人君子。”
提奥奇尼斯认为好人是自给自足的,不需要物质享受和财富。他认为财富、财产束缚了人们天生的自由状态。与他的哲学相一致,他拿一个从别人从自然之母的庙里丢弃的大坛作为自己的家,还对此万分满意。这个陶制的大坛叫做圣坛,过去在庙里是用来盛装祭祀用的酒和油的。一天,征服了半个文明世界的亚历山大大帝看见提奥奇尼斯坐在大坛里晒太阳。于是这位君主在大臣们的簇拥下走过去,对提奥奇尼斯说:“我是亚历山大大帝。”哲学家相当傲慢地回答说:“我是提奥奇尼斯————犬儒学者。”然后亚历山大问他是否需要任何帮助。“是的”,提奥奇尼斯驳回道,“别站在我和太阳之间。”大吃一惊的亚历山大继而迅速回答道:“假如我不是亚历山大,我就会是提奥奇尼斯。”

第八篇:
Virtue 美德
G.Herbert/赫伯特

Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright! 甜美的白昼,如此凉爽、安宁、明媚!
The bridal of the earth and sky- 天地间完美的匹配-----
The dew shall weep thy fall to-night; 今宵的露珠儿将为你的消逝而落泪;
For thou must die. 因为你必须离去。
Sweet rose, whose hue angry and brave, 美丽的玫瑰,色泽红润艳丽,
Bids the rash gazer wipe his eye, 令匆匆而过的人拭目而视,
Thy root is ever in its grave, 你的根永远扎在坟墓里,
And thou must die. 而你必须消逝。
Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses, 美妙的春天,充满了美好的日子和芳香的玫瑰,
A box where sweets compacted lie, 如一支芬芳满溢的盒子,
My music shows ye have your closes, 我的音乐表明你们也有终止,
And all must die, 万物都得消逝。
Only a sweet and virtuous soul, 唯有美好而正直的心灵,
Like season’s timber, never gives; 犹如干燥备用的木料,永不走样;
But though the whole world turn to coal, 纵然整个世界变为灰烬,
Then chiefly lives. 它依然流光溢彩。
温馨提示:内容为网友见解,仅供参考
无其他回答
相似回答